My goodness. It’s been awhile.
I’ve been pretty busy with work and with life in general that this blog has really been on the back burner. And to be a hundred percent honest, I am pretty upset at myself about it. I made this website to help keep me accountable and it is something I truly love to do. It helps keep me calm, and gives me a moment during the day to relax during the day.
I’ve slightly been slacking on my weight loss. No, I haven’t gained any weight, but I haven’t lost much lately either. I know I’m not working as hard as I should be. I have daydreams about quitting my job and dedicating 100% of my time and effort to this journey, like on “Extreme Weight loss”. I know that’s not practical, but hey, a girl can dream, right?
Another thing that relaxes and calms me is shopping. I love shopping, even if I do just window shop. I could go to Target or TJ Maxx everyday and just roam around and look at everything. Its just something I like to do. I also love to wandering through Trader Joes and Whole foods and look at the nutrition labels. I’m a dork, I know. I don’t get to go to those stores very often, because they are a pretty far drive from my house. However, I was able to make a quick trip and decided to make a post on what I bought, just for fun.
Trader Joes Haul
- Salted Tortilla Chips- I know, I know it’s not a healthy choice, but they are mainly for my husband. He could eat the whole bag by himself, and most likely will.
- Brown Rice Quinoa Fusilli Pasta- I actually made some last night and I’m kicking myself for not buying more.. it was delicious!
- Kale- I’m always buying this. I put some in my green juices and use it for salads.
- Laughing Cow Cheese Creamy Swiss- This stuff is amazing, and it’s only 35 calories per triangle! I spread one on sandwich wrap everyday for lunch.
- Roasted Garlic Hummus- This stuff is to die for. I also spread a little on my wrap I make for lunch everyday. Or as a snack, I eat it with baby carrots. It is so yummy!
- Columbus Rotisserie Style Chicken- I tried this a couple weeks ago and my husband and I really enjoyed it, so I had to pick up a few more packages during this trip.
- Salted Peanuts- Again, this was a purchase for my husband. He is literally NUTS for peanuts. He would eat a whole bag a day if he could.
- Bag of Jazz Apples- I just needed apples for my green juice I make. These are also good for lunches, because they are smaller. Sometimes I can’t finish a great big apple during lunch.
- Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage- I tried this a few years ago and really liked them. They have 6g of fat and 120 calories in one sausage. I didn’t think that it was too terrible. I’m trying to change up my dinners and have something different once and a while.
- Fresh Rice Noodles- I never tried these and thought of a recipe I could do with these while I was at the store.
- Brussel Sprouts- I found a recipe online for a side dish I really wanted to try out.
- Butternut Squash- They are already cut up and microwavable. They make a delicious side dish!
- Dried Wild Blueberries- I bought these for a cookie recipe I wanted to try out.
- Black Forest Ham- I normally buy only turkey or chicken lunch meat, but I wanted to switch up our wraps we make for lunch.
- Baby Spinach- I use this for my green juices and for our salads everyday.
- Shredded Carrots- I know I could shred my own carrots, but this is too easy to throw into different dinners and salads.
- Organic Unsalted Peanut Butter- I like to add a little peanut butter to my oatmeal in the mornings. I try to only buy peanut butter where the only ingredient is peanuts.
- Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip- I have always loved Spinach Dip and this is a great alternative. It has less fat and calories, because it’s made with greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise. This is just a special treat, not an everyday thing.
- Ground Turkey- Trader Joes actually has cheaper prices than my local grocery store for ground turkey, so I bought two packages. So yummy!
- Organic Coconut Palm Sugar- I never tried this before and just really wanted to try this out.
- Ezekial Sprouted Grain Tortillas- I really like these tortilla shells when I make my turkey tacos!
- Organic Unsweetened Shredded Coconut- I need this for a recipe I’m going to try making.
- Coconut Flour- I needed this for a recipe, as well. (If these cookies turn out well, I will share the recipe with you!)
- Baby Cucumbers- I use these cucumbers everyday! I love using one of these instead of cutting up a bigger cucumber and not being able to use it all.
- Alter Ego Quinoa Dark Chocolate Bar- I like having a dark chocolate bar around, just as a dessert once in awhile.
- Taboule- I really like having this as a snack with a piece of pita bread!
- Peanut Butter Crisp Rice Snack- Another snack I just wanted to try out. Sorry I’m not sorry.
- Five Grain Granola- My husband adds this to his cereal every morning.
- Quinoa- I like having this to add to meals or a side dish. It’s really good!
- Lifeway Kefir Strawberry Yogurt- My husband uses this with his cereal every morning, instead of milk.
So here you have it. I thought it would be fun to just show what I bought on my quick trip to the grocery store the other day. I should have took a picture of the amount of fruits and vegetables I bought today. Tomorrow I will be starting a juice cleanse for three days. I will be posting about my experience the next few days. I promise I won’t be disappearing again any time soon. I pinky promise.
Everyone has heard the breaking news last month. It came as a total shock and surprise. I’ve talked to a lot of people about this topic and most people were very excited, waiting minutes in the drive through line to get their hands on this grease fest. Others, like me, find it slightly repulsive, but still intrigued nonetheless. Taco Bell has started serving breakfast.
I went onto their website to see the type of foods they were serving. Breakfast Burrito, okay that was a given. A.M. Crunchwrap, sounds interesting. A.M. grilled taco, okay. I’m not going to lie, the Cinnabon Delights look totally amazing. But what really interested me was the Waffle Taco. On the website it looks like a waffle filled with sausage, egg, and cheese on top. And If I’m being a hundred percent honest, it looks disgusting. I was still interested.
However, there is not one atom in my body that wanted to ruin my diet to try this Waffle Taco. I decided I could make a guilt free option at home to see what it tasted like. And honestly, it wasn’t bad. So I present to you….
The Guilt Free Waffle Taco
1 Healthy Banana Waffle
2 Bob Evans Turkey Sausage Patties
1/3 Cup Liquid Egg Substitute
1 T Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Pepper
This is seriously simple. Last week on the Monday Morning Breakfast Series I shared my Healthy Banana Waffles. That recipe make 6 waffles. There is only me and my husband, so I put the rest of waffles in the freezer to pull out whenever I wanted one. If you need the recipe to the Banana Waffles you can find that here.
First, you will want to place two of the turkey sausage patties on a cold, non-stick skillet. Cook on medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, turning patties halfway through cooking. When they are fully cooked, remove them from the pan and place them on top of the waffle. In the same non-stick skillet, put the liquid egg substitute, pepper, and salt. Keep stirring the egg mixture for about one and a half minutes or until they are fully cooked. You can then add the egg on top of the sausage. While eggs are still hot, top it with the cheddar cheese.
I heard at Taco Bell they serve this with a side of syrup. You could add some pure maple syrup or sugar free syrup if you would like, but that wasn’t necessary for me.
I hope you enjoy and if you happen to make this recipe, leave a comment below and tell me what you thought. I really love hearing from you guys! Thank you!
I’m addicted to breakfast foods. I love them all. Pancakes, waffles, donuts, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, bacon, cereal, bagels, toast, sausage and gravy, omelets. I really could go on forever. I just love breakfast foods. Growing up I loved Sunday mornings. It was the day I was able to sleep in. I would wake up to the delicious smell of my mom cooking an awesome breakfast. Maybe that’s why I love breakfast so much. As you can see with that list above, breakfast isn’t always healthy. That is why I am on a mission to find healthy alternatives to the breakfast foods we all have come to love! Today’s recipe is one that is very easy and really yummy.
Healthy Banana Waffles
½ cup of applesauce
2/3 cup liquid egg substitute
1 ½ cups of almond milk (you can use any kind of milk you’d like)
1 cup of wheat flour
1 cup of quick-cooking oats
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp of cinnamon
½ tsp of salt
First you will want to preheat your waffle maker. Be sure to use cooking spray before each waffle, because these suckers will become permanently glued to your machine if you don’t. Next you will want to mash your bananas until they are smooth. Stir in applesauce, liquid egg substitute, and almond milk. After that you can add the rest of your dry ingredients. Make sure it is thoroughly mixed together.
Time to start making the waffles! With my waffle maker, I filled a 1/3 measuring cup and poured it into the machine. I was able to make 6 waffles. You might want to check your instruction manual to see how much batter you should use and how long they should cook for.
These are delicious and definitely help curb my craving for waffles! You can serve these waffles with pure maple syrup, sugar free syrup, fat free whip cream, strawberries, bananas, you name it!
Hope you enjoy and if you happen to make these, please leave a comment and let me know what you think of them! Thank you!
Yep. You read that right. I cancelled my gym membership. The day after I finally decided it was time to lose all my extra fluffiness.
A few years ago a new gym came into our town. Well, it wasn’t exactly in the town I live in, but approximately 15 minutes away from my house. It is one of those “cheap” gyms. One that promised that there would be no heavy weightlifters or people pointing and laughing at you when you trip and fly off the back of a treadmill. One that for an extra $10 a month you can go tanning and bring a friend with you whenever you go. They even gave out free pizza on Fridays!
My friend and I decided two years ago to sign up for that gym. I told myself I would go no less than three times a week. And I held onto that promise. For about two months. Until eventually I just quit going. I’m pretty sure I went to that gym less than 50 times in the two years I had my membership. I thought I had good reasons why I didn’t go. I was “sick” or “tired” after a hard day at work. And the days I could go I would think about the times when I went and had to wait just to get on a treadmill. Or the people who would ruin my circuit training because they came in just to use a specific machine. And the weird ass people that go to cheap gyms. Sometimes I had the urge to take a bag of popcorn and sit my fat ass on an exercise bike and watch some of these crazies, because it was more entertaining than most television shows these days. I’m not saying weird people shouldn’t work out. I mean more power to them. I’m sure they went more often than I did.
The point is, I just plain and simple didn’t get my fat butt to the gym to workout. I wasn’t mentally prepared for it anyway. I was more mentally prepared for cheesecake and guacamole burgers, but whatever. I had been planning on going in and cancelling my membership for about a year. Twenty dollars a month doesn’t seem like a lot, but when you don’t even use the gym at least once a month, it was a total waste of money.
The day I decided I was changing my life completely, I decided I was going to go cancel that membership, even if I was slightly embarrassed to do so. I made my husband go with me. I just decided no matter what, I didn’t want to use that facility anymore. It made me not like working out and I needed something easier that would push me to work out as often as possible.
After cancelling the gym membership, we went and purchased an upright, exercise bicycle. It’s a Schwinn baby and I absolutely love it. I just like the word “Schwinn”. We have a spare bedroom that we weren’t really doing anything with, so I decided to make it into an exercise room for me. I bought a yoga mat, exercise ball, some hand weights, resistance cords, and a kettle bell. With all of that equipment just a few steps away, I had no excuse not to exercise.
I just wanted to make it easy for me. To give myself absolutely no excuse not to workout. Even if I go 15 minutes on the exercise bike, it is a lot better than what I was doing. I think eventually I will get another membership. Probably somewhere closer to my house and a little nicer maybe. But, for the time being, what I’m doing right now is just fine for me and that’s all that matters.
Howdy folks! My name is Sara. I am 25 years old and live in a small town in Michigan. I have a normal job, where I have been working since I was a teenager.
I am married to Daniel, the love my life and my best friend. We have been married for two and a half years. He is my biggest supporter and no matter what crazy idea I come up with next, he always has my back 100%. We also have a fur baby named Marley. She is the strangest dog I have ever met, but we love her.
Being the heaviest I have ever been in my life, this year I decided to take control back of my life and my weight. It is time to change my life for the better! If you want to know more about me, I wrote a more in-depth “About Me” section. You can check that out here.
I just wanted to create a place where I can write down everything that I have in my head. A place where I can share my ideas, recipes, and whatever else I come up with along the way. If you have anything you would like to know about me, have any comments or concerns, please feel free to comment. I would love to hear from you!