My goodness. It’s been awhile.
I’ve been pretty busy with work and with life in general that this blog has really been on the back burner. And to be a hundred percent honest, I am pretty upset at myself about it. I made this website to help keep me accountable and it is something I truly love to do. It helps keep me calm, and gives me a moment during the day to relax during the day.
I’ve slightly been slacking on my weight loss. No, I haven’t gained any weight, but I haven’t lost much lately either. I know I’m not working as hard as I should be. I have daydreams about quitting my job and dedicating 100% of my time and effort to this journey, like on “Extreme Weight loss”. I know that’s not practical, but hey, a girl can dream, right?
Another thing that relaxes and calms me is shopping. I love shopping, even if I do just window shop. I could go to Target or TJ Maxx everyday and just roam around and look at everything. Its just something I like to do. I also love to wandering through Trader Joes and Whole foods and look at the nutrition labels. I’m a dork, I know. I don’t get to go to those stores very often, because they are a pretty far drive from my house. However, I was able to make a quick trip and decided to make a post on what I bought, just for fun.
- Salted Tortilla Chips- I know, I know it’s not a healthy choice, but they are mainly for my husband. He could eat the whole bag by himself, and most likely will.
- Brown Rice Quinoa Fusilli Pasta- I actually made some last night and I’m kicking myself for not buying more.. it was delicious!
- Kale- I’m always buying this. I put some in my green juices and use it for salads.
- Laughing Cow Cheese Creamy Swiss- This stuff is amazing, and it’s only 35 calories per triangle! I spread one on sandwich wrap everyday for lunch.
- Roasted Garlic Hummus- This stuff is to die for. I also spread a little on my wrap I make for lunch everyday. Or as a snack, I eat it with baby carrots. It is so yummy!
- Columbus Rotisserie Style Chicken- I tried this a couple weeks ago and my husband and I really enjoyed it, so I had to pick up a few more packages during this trip.
- Salted Peanuts- Again, this was a purchase for my husband. He is literally NUTS for peanuts. He would eat a whole bag a day if he could.
- Bag of Jazz Apples- I just needed apples for my green juice I make. These are also good for lunches, because they are smaller. Sometimes I can’t finish a great big apple during lunch.
- Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage- I tried this a few years ago and really liked them. They have 6g of fat and 120 calories in one sausage. I didn’t think that it was too terrible. I’m trying to change up my dinners and have something different once and a while.
- Fresh Rice Noodles- I never tried these and thought of a recipe I could do with these while I was at the store.
- Brussel Sprouts- I found a recipe online for a side dish I really wanted to try out.
- Butternut Squash- They are already cut up and microwavable. They make a delicious side dish!
- Dried Wild Blueberries- I bought these for a cookie recipe I wanted to try out.
- Black Forest Ham- I normally buy only turkey or chicken lunch meat, but I wanted to switch up our wraps we make for lunch.
- Baby Spinach- I use this for my green juices and for our salads everyday.
- Shredded Carrots- I know I could shred my own carrots, but this is too easy to throw into different dinners and salads.
- Organic Unsalted Peanut Butter- I like to add a little peanut butter to my oatmeal in the mornings. I try to only buy peanut butter where the only ingredient is peanuts.
- Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip- I have always loved Spinach Dip and this is a great alternative. It has less fat and calories, because it’s made with greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise. This is just a special treat, not an everyday thing.
- Ground Turkey- Trader Joes actually has cheaper prices than my local grocery store for ground turkey, so I bought two packages. So yummy!
- Organic Coconut Palm Sugar- I never tried this before and just really wanted to try this out.
- Ezekial Sprouted Grain Tortillas- I really like these tortilla shells when I make my turkey tacos!
- Organic Unsweetened Shredded Coconut- I need this for a recipe I’m going to try making.
- Coconut Flour- I needed this for a recipe, as well. (If these cookies turn out well, I will share the recipe with you!)
- Baby Cucumbers- I use these cucumbers everyday! I love using one of these instead of cutting up a bigger cucumber and not being able to use it all.
- Alter Ego Quinoa Dark Chocolate Bar- I like having a dark chocolate bar around, just as a dessert once in awhile.
- Taboule- I really like having this as a snack with a piece of pita bread!
- Peanut Butter Crisp Rice Snack- Another snack I just wanted to try out. Sorry I’m not sorry.
- Five Grain Granola- My husband adds this to his cereal every morning.
- Quinoa- I like having this to add to meals or a side dish. It’s really good!
- Lifeway Kefir Strawberry Yogurt- My husband uses this with his cereal every morning, instead of milk.
So here you have it. I thought it would be fun to just show what I bought on my quick trip to the grocery store the other day. I should have took a picture of the amount of fruits and vegetables I bought today. Tomorrow I will be starting a juice cleanse for three days. I will be posting about my experience the next few days. I promise I won’t be disappearing again any time soon. I pinky promise.