Update On My Life

I’m back. I deserted you and I am terribly sorry.

I’ve had the craziest month ever. I’ve had some of the most fun I’ve ever had and some of the most darkest days I’ve ever experienced. It has just been a whirlwind the last few weeks and I don’t even know where to begin.

The end of July, my husband and I took a week and a half off of work and headed across the country to Texas. He has family there {that I had never met} so we went down there and spent a week with them. We had so much fun traveling down there together. This was the first big vacation we have had since we got married. It was awesome to get away from everyday life. We explored Dallas, Houston, and Galveston. We went to NASA, went shopping, and even got to go to a Peruvian restaurant for Daniel’s birthday. And most importantly spent time with his amazing aunt, uncle, and cousins. I didn’t eat too horrible, but I wasn’t as careful as I had been. Let’s not even talk about the snacks on the car ride. Anyway, we were incredibly sad to leave, but we headed home back to Michigan to start our everyday life again.

We made it back home on Sunday, My husband went back to work that Monday, but I took an extra personal day, to catch up on laundry and everything you have to do after you’ve been gone for a week. I was about to get in the shower that morning and glanced at my phone that was on silent and saw that I had 12 missed calls, 3 voicemails, and 5 text message and my brother was knocking on my door. He told my grandpa was on the way to the hospital and we had to get up there immediately.

My grandpa was gone by the time we got there. That was the worst week I’ve ever had to experience. My grandpa was special. We had this unspoken bond. He helped me through a lot of things throughout my life and was the greatest man I’ve ever met. Between the pain I felt, and the pain I had to witness my grandma, mom, uncles, and my family experience, my heart was shattered into pieces.

I spent all of my time surrounded by family and helping in anyway I could. People brought food. Doughnuts, fried chicken, Subway sandwiches, pasta, bread, cookies, cakes. We definitely had no shortage of food, sweets, or candy. And I didn’t care. I ate what ever I could get my fat, little, stubby fingers on. I ate my feelings away like I have all my life.

And somehow I managed to make my Dietbet. Right in the middle of my life crumbling down around me, I had to weigh in for my final Dietbet. And I made it. By exercising, juicing, and a detox the days before. Not incredibly proud of that fact, but I did what I had to do to make it. I was on track throughout the entire 6 months, up until the last few weeks. I’ll make an entire blog post about the Dietbet.

And then I had to deal with an immigration interview for my husband. I don’t expect many people to understand, but that was one of the most stressful things I’ve had to endure.{Everything is fine if you are wondering} I’ve been busy with work and extra work projects and being sick. And you know, excuses upon excuses. So I’m starting over. I’ve still lost close to 40 pounds and I’m incredibly proud of that, but I’ve got a lot more work to do and I’m done moping around and feeling sorry for myself. If I want to change, it’s not going to be easy and I’ve got to DO IT.

So I’ve started a new program. I’m not doing the  Dietbet anymore. Maybe in the future, but not right now. I joined a walking club challenge at work {I bought a Fitbit Zip} and I’m on day two of Jillian Michael’s “30 Day Shred“.

If I’ve learned anything in the last few weeks its that life can be fun, exciting, painful, and miserable, and no matter what you go through, the world keeps spinning, with or without you. I don’t want to live this life with regrets and I’m sick of being fat and unhappy. I’m ready to change. This is my second new beginning. I can do this and I know that I will.




Please share.. Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone